Why the smartphone does not replace a professional video camera on a trip?
Many travelers refuse to use professional photo and video equipment when traveling in favor of smartphones. Cameras of modern phones are really capable of much (including high-quality shooting). In addition, mobile devices, as a rule, are much lighter and more compact than video cameras or professional cameras, and free space in a suitcase has never been more than a tourist.
How a professional video camera is better than a smartphone: the point of view of an experienced traveler
Despite the fact that smartphones have a compact size, can perform several functions at the same time, practically do not occupy free space and charge quickly, it is rather difficult for them to compete with professional equipment for shooting. Camcorders and cameras have a few obvious “trumps.”
1. Security. Of course, many mobile phones today can boast a high degree of security, but almost all of them are not adapted for use in truly extreme conditions. So, even the most moisture-resistant models can not always “survive” after a long immersion in water. As for professional video cameras, among them there are models designed specifically for shooting under water, operating in the wild, in the desert at too high temperatures, or, conversely, during snowfall or in the rain.
2. Shooting in low light conditions. Video filming in the dark is the “sore point” of many modern smartphones. Even the most advanced models often, in low light, shoot frankly bad. Users of professional video cameras can hardly face such a problem. For example, cameras equipped with a highly sensitive CMOS sensor and additional camera illumination, for example, of the Sony brand guarantee amazing video quality even if there are no sources of natural or artificial lighting. You can purchase professional Sony camcorders on the website.
3. Video against the sun. In such cases, the glare on the smartphone screen does not make it possible to make a high-quality video. Save only special anti-glare screen protectors or glass. Professional video cameras, on the other hand, do not require the use of additional accessories – they are equipped with a viewfinder, with which you can easily monitor the shooting process even in direct sunlight.
4. The ability to use interchangeable lens. Unfortunately, the possibility of using interchangeable lenses for shooting at different distances and in different conditions is not yet available for smartphone owners. Of course, modern mobile equipment stores offer users various “tips” for smartphone cameras, but they definitely cannot compete with the lenses of professional cameras.
5. Powerful processor designed exclusively for creating and processing images. Processors of modern smartphones are multi-tasking – and this, of course, is a “plus” if we are talking about the simultaneous implementation of several demanding tasks. However, photography is not a priority function of a mobile device, so its results can not always satisfy the requirements of even an amateur photographer.
6. Autonomy. Due to the consumption of battery resources not only for photo and video, but also for other tasks, the smartphone cannot boast of very high autonomy, while the video camera is able to work without additional charge for a long time. In addition, for professional photographic equipment, you can use spare replaceable batteries, which are sold in many specialized stores.
7. Convenience of the shooting process. If we are talking about extreme conditions, the smartphone almost immediately appears in the list of unusable gadgets. The thing is that it is almost impossible to reliably fix in the hands, which contributes to the appearance of discomfort during the creation of content. A video camera or a camera, in turn, can be securely fastened to the neck or belt with the help of a special belt or a system of fasteners, thereby getting rid of fears for its integrity and safety.
In addition, only professional video cameras provide high resolution video clips, clarity, saturation and realism of each footage shot during the journey.